Thursday, September 4, 2008

Appetites: A to Z (revised and still playing)

Appetites: A to Z

I have an Appetite for the rich and delicious blessings in life,
Feeding my Bountiful flesh healthy doses of Beauty and Burden.

The Creative hunger reveals the Core of who I Claim to be.
That Dreamy girl, with her head in the clouds,
But essentially, Earth-bound.

I wonder, will it ever be Fruitful? Writing
Those words on the page that keep me Grounded.

I am always Hungry for more.
Insisting I can have It all.
Wiping the Juice from my lips,
Like after a stolen Kiss, so delicious, you cannot tell
If it is Love or Lust or maybe just a Lie.

The Mass of emotions, a Mess
Leading me Neither here Nor there.
Like Ocean waves, bobbing and cresting, rolling and crashing.
Like Passion.

But then it is Quiet.
And I Rise to discover
That all is Still.

And though I Tell my Truth,
And share the Universal human experience,
And let the blood flow from my Veins,
I still Wander. I Wonder
Where to draw the X.

The desires of Youth keep me traveling.
And feed my Zestful appetite.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I especially love the J, K and L lines, Dawn!