Monday, September 1, 2008

Appetites

So I just wrote a poem for my writing class tomorrow. To me it seems a little weird and I don't know if it makes sense or if it is really even a poem. But I'll share it anyway.....

Appetites: A to Z

I have an Appetite for the rich and delicious blessings in life,
That shape my Bountiful flesh into both beauty and burden.

The Creative one is the cornerstone of who I claim to be.
That Dreamy girl, with her head in the clouds.
But essentially, Earth-bound.

And I wonder, will it ever be Fruitful?
Those words on the page that keep me Grounded?

I am always Hungry for more.
Insisting I can have it all.
Wiping the Juice from my lips,
Like after a stolen Kiss, so delicious, you cannot tell
If it is Love or Lust or maybe just a Lie.

The Multitude of emotions,
Finding me Neither here nor there.
Like the Ocean waves, bobbing and cresting, rolling and crashing.
Like Passion.

But then it is Quiet.
And I Rise to discover
That all is Still.

And even though I have told my Truth,
And I have shared the Universal human experience,
And let the blood pour from my Veins,
I still Wander.

And I will never know where to place the X.
For my Youthful desire for adventure keeps me traveling.
And feeds my appetite for Zest.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dawn, I absolutely LOVE IT! Really and truly! I don't know if it's "really" a poem either (I don't know how to quantify a poem as that's not really my forte--I wonder sometimes too when I have thoughts/words brought together in my mind that aren't really a story--do they make a poem?) I can't believe you found such a brilliant way to use words starting with ALL the letters of the alphabet! It's awesome--you're very talented. :)
~Christy

Anonymous said...

Love your descriptive phrases that seem to describe you very well. Yes, I agree with Christy...you are very talented! Keep writing and sharing!

Fallen angel