Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Blank Page

I haven't written in a while.
I've been busy, blocked, sad and searching.
The words just wouldn't come to mind, to heart, to lips, to pen...
To the blank page.

I sat down to write a poem, but only tears flowed.
I curled up to begin a story, but all I created was anxiety.
I made an attempt to craft an essay, but I was overwhelmed.

So instead, I ate chocolate and had a glass of wine.
I pulled weeds in the garden, watched a little television and went out with friends.
I busied myself with a looming deadline, self-created, of course.

All the while, the blank page waited.
Now, there's so much to say, so much to tell.
There's so much to reveal, so much to discover.
And the blank page sits open and ready to take it all in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand...I'm sorry you've been blocked and sad. I think the chocolate and the wine was a great idea. Don't worry--your words will come back to you. Miss you!