Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Settling in to the Familiar

It is so lovely to get back to something for which I feel total comfort, safety and support. It is like coming home again...relaxing...settling in to the familiar. I have come back again to my Tuesday morning class at a Cincinnati organization called Women Writing for (a) Change after a break between semesters. This is my third class with WWf(a)C and my second run at the Tuesday morning class. Greeting so many warm and familiar faces today lifted my spirits. And meeting so many women new to the group was truly inspiring. We have something here - worth working for, worth saving, worth continuing. The dynamic of women coming together to write, to share our words and stories, to support each other and to lift each other up with positivity, respect and friendship is like nothing I have ever experienced before. I am so grateful for WWf(a)C, for our facilitator Kathy, for the women participants and for the combined stories of our lives. I am newly inspired, motivated and moved. I am refreshed; ready to write, to create, to share. I have come back to the familiar and I am settling in.

No comments: