Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Food for the Soul

So far, today has been a good day. I went to my writing class at Women Writing for (a) Change in Cincinnati and that always brightens my spirit and feeds my soul. My writer-friends there are all wonderful, supportive, creative, and special people whom I feel so very honored and privileged to have as a part of my life (if only for a short time). Having the opportunity to hear their stories is always a rich and beautiful experience. And their support and positive reaction to my stories gives me such confidence and pride in myself and my work. I am a better, more creative, more compassionate, and more whole human being from my experiences with these women. They change me with every meeting. They transform me. And I cannot say enough how grateful I am for these women and this experience.

On another note, I am just about to go work out on my new elliptical machine (which I put together myself last night, after lugging the 128 pound thing all over town, into the house and down to the basement!). Can't tell you how happy I am to have exercise equipment at home. So long to those few extra pounds (that I've put on since moving in with Ron)! Hello Skinny Bitch! :)

No comments: