Monday, November 3, 2008

Missing You

I have been living away from my New Jersey home now for a year and four months. I've lived away before - both times in Colorado - but only as long as eight months. This move, to Indiana, was the big one, I suppose, and this may be where I end up for the rest of my life. Who knows?

I have a life here. I've moved in with Ron. His family has become my family. I have made friends. I have a job, hobbies, favorite places to go. I have settled in. But I am missing the old familiar faces and places, especially now as it looms close to holiday time.

I don't want to go back home right now - I just visited in September and had a great time with family and friends. What I do want is visitors. I want my family and friends to come here. I want to spend time with my sisters and brother and their husbands/wives and children. I want to cook Thanksgiving dinner with my mother. I want to introduce my NJ friends to my IN friends. I want my new home to merge with the old one.

I understand that people have busy lives, money is tight, vacations are difficult to plan (especially with kids), and Indiana is not on everyone's list of top places to visit. But I'm here and I won't be home for Christmas and you've never been to Oldenburg, Indiana and I am missing you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sorry you're missing everyone...I know how you feel--this is a hard time of year to be away from everyone. I wish I'd get more visitors too--it's the little things...I'm thinking of you! :)