Monday, November 17, 2008

Writing My Way Out

I'm in a bit of a funk right now. Who knows why. Could be the weather. Could be that I've gained a couple pounds recently. Could be related to my relationship, school, homesickness, or just the overall - not feeling good about anything right now - feeling.

So here's what I'm going to do...I'm going to write my way out of this funk. Starting today, I am going to take notice of things in my life that make me feel good. These could be compliments from others, accomplishments and achievements, doing things for others, something related to the weather or nature, whatever. I'm going to write them down - make a list - of all of this goodness. And hope that this will help me get out of this funk and move on to brighter, better days (and moods).

So, starting today.....

1. I saw my first snowflakes of the season.
2. "Somebody" thinks I am phenomenal.
3. I am getting an elliptical machine delivered (any minute now) and I can't wait to start my workouts.
4. I am kicking ass in the football pool.

Wow...I feel better already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Someone told me about starting a gratitude journal as a way to become more appreciative and as time goes on, to become more immune to these "funks" that we find ourselves in sometimes...another thing I should add to my list I SHOULD be doing.