Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day

It is Earth Day today. I like Earth Day. I like the fact that we name this day to celebrate the earth, honor the earth, and try to make conscious decisions to care for and nurture the earth. On Earth Day it is important to consider what you can do to live a healthier, "greener," and more environmentally conscious life. It is important to think about what you can change, what small steps you can take, what little efforts you may make. It is really not that difficult. Creating change in your life and for the earth can be quite simple and amazingly rewarding.

Granted, I am not the most environmentally conscious human being on the planet, but I try. I do small things to live a healthier, greener, more environmentally conscious life. And I make an effort to try new things when I am able. At least I am trying....are you? Here are some well-known suggestions to consider or not:

Plant a garden
Buy locally
Buy organic
Cook at home
Recycle
Walk or ride a bike instead of a car when you can
Eat less meat
Spend time outdoors
Make a donation to an environmental organization
Use reusable bags at the grocery store
Turn off the lights when you leave a room
Use reusable water bottles
Don't let the water run
Plant a tree
Reduce the amount of waste you contribute to landfills
Do something, anything.

I would love to hear what you are doing today on Earth Day, and everyday, to celebrate, honor, and nurture the earth. I'd also love to hear some of your suggestions for living a healthier, greener, and more environmentally conscious life. My list only cracks the surface. What can you add?

Here are just a few sites to visit (do you have any to recommend?):




No comments: