Monday, January 19, 2009

If I could do anything.....

I am reading this book right now, Book Yourself Solid by Michael Port. It is for a self-designed graduate class called The Writing Life. The idea is to research, plan and develop my own writing business by the end of the course. The book is helping me figure out how to get the clients I want to do the work I want. It is helping me to dig deep and really look into what I want to do with my life. And so I've been thinking....if I could do anything I wanted, if I could have any job I wanted, here's what I would want to do:

I want to create, develop, and run a women's retreat center - specifically for writing retreats. I want land where women can roam and hike and sit under a tree with a book. I want rooms for exercise, yoga, meditation, reading and writing. I want to serve good and healthy food and have gathering places for sipping coffee or wine, talking, laughing and sharing. I want women to come together to write, to share our stories, to support and inspire each other. I want to teach women to use writing as a tool for positive transformation and growth.

This is what I want - and it is what I have been working toward all these years of schooling and research and reading and writing. (In case any of you were wondering!) But I am not there yet. And I am wondering if I ever will be there. It is a big dream - and it would take a lot to make that dream come true. But I am working at it. I am chipping away little by little. I'm trying.

No comments: