Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

As I've said before, I do not want to make this blog political. I stand solid on the foundation that everyone has a right to believe what they choose - politically, religiously, ethically, etc. And I do not want to force my opinions on anyone as I do not want others to force their opinions on me. But I feel I cannot let this day go by without marking its significance in writing.

Today just feels like the start of something new. Change is occurring. History is being made. And I could not be more excited for what's to come. I hope, beyond hope, that our new president and his administration will begin to make positive changes for our country.

This remarkable event brings the hope of peace, of people coming together to work together, and to create change. My wish is that this feeling of community, of peace, of equality, of positive change, will continue into tomorrow and beyond.

No comments: